Old 25-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Texensis

Default Where can we sell organic pumpkins in the Austin area?

wrote in message
| My grandson (9) and I (?) managed to grow at least two pickup truck
| loads of organic (no insecticide) pumpkins. Now "he" needs to sell
| them. So where does he go to sell his pumpkins? I think this would
| be a great time to teach him how to be a "Middle Man". He could
| broker grampa's pumpkins to someone that could resell them:-)
| We are not agreeable to allowing him to sell them on the side of the
road
| - those times have long since gone. (BTW - the pumpkins grew like
weeds! In
| fact, they are a great weed competitor, as they choked out
| every weed. They do, however need to be irrigated in the heat. The
| pumpkin pies, etc., are awesome - but you can only eat so many.
| We are going to pile up a bunch under heavy oak trees near the creek
&
| see if they make it to winter.)
|
| Thanks,
| Gene
| in the metropolis of Briggs, TX
|
| eMail:

You might want to e-mail Tony Piccola (sp?) at South Austin Farmers'
Market (mostly organic growers). This market sets up to sell from 8 am
to 1 pm in the El Gallo parking lot, just across from the South
Congress entrance of St. Edward's University. It's very small and
congenial & this weekend at 10 am there'll be a brass quintet playing,
probably the Frontier.
Tony/South Austin Farmers' Market: