Old 25-07-2003, 04:42 PM

Default Where can we sell organic pumpkins in the Austin area?

Great idea!

If anyone has his email address, please send it to me.
THANKS,

Gene

"Texensis" wrote in message

wrote in message
| My grandson (9) and I (?) managed to grow at least two pickup truck
| loads of organic (no insecticide) pumpkins. Now "he" needs to sell
| them. So where does he go to sell his pumpkins? I think this would
| be a great time to teach him how to be a "Middle Man". He could
| broker grampa's pumpkins to someone that could resell them:-)
| We are not agreeable to allowing him to sell them on the side of the
road
| - those times have long since gone. (BTW - the pumpkins grew like
weeds! In
| fact, they are a great weed competitor, as they choked out
| every weed. They do, however need to be irrigated in the heat. The
| pumpkin pies, etc., are awesome - but you can only eat so many.
| We are going to pile up a bunch under heavy oak trees near the creek
&
| see if they make it to winter.)
|
| Thanks,
| Gene
| in the metropolis of Briggs, TX
|
| eMail:

You might want to e-mail Tony Piccola (sp?) at South Austin Farmers'
Market (mostly organic growers). This market sets up to sell from 8 am
to 1 pm in the El Gallo parking lot, just across from the South
Congress entrance of St. Edward's University. It's very small and
congenial & this weekend at 10 am there'll be a brass quintet playing,
probably the Frontier.
Tony/South Austin Farmers' Market: