Old 25-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Lattés

Default Couldn't be much more of a newbie... need some advice :)

Sorry. I've spent my gardening years seeking every spot of full sun I
could find. Perhaps others could give suggestions. All I can say is
tomatoes, peppers, melons, okra, squash, beans, and most herbs -- in
fact, anything that has flowers and 'fruit' requires lots of sun. Even
'cool weather' crops -- peas, lettuce, greens, cabbagy things (can't
spell brassica) don't want shade, just don't like hot weather.

A friend of mine who used to work on a tomato farm in New Zealand said that
diffused sunlight is best for them, (IE using a corrugated piece of
semi-transparent fibre glass over top of them) do you think that the tree
would do about the same thing?