Old 25-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Jim Webster

Default Paying to find non-GE wild corn?

"Brian Sandle" wrote in message
In sci.med.nutrition Jim Webster wrote:
utterly irrelevent
he was too weak to take any antibiotic

That vomiting is one of the listed side effects of linezolid, a drug now
used against MRSA. You don't have to be feeble to be taken off it.

Did he use to be able to tolerate the `...cillin' drugs?

Read what I said, he was too was to take any antibiotic

So they switched to the
antiseptic wash

Which they probably use anyway, linezolid or not?

I suppose they will claim linezolid is no worse than any other, but

it
is
better to have more in the arsenal isn't it? Then say do genetic

testing
and do not prescribe by trial and error. Try not to eliminate your

choices
by feeding everybody with GM antibiotic resistance genes, especially

when
we know that DNA is not fully deactivated by digestion, and is also
getting to the unborn.

what total twaddle. As bacteria have far more antibiotic resistant

genes
than GM crops,

They bacteria may have a few more types, if they have been selected by
anitbiotics, but the crop has it in every cell, so far
more altogether, and constantly present.

no, start thinking carefully
all food has bacteria so you eat it with every meal.

Varying amounts, healthy food stops bacteria growing in itself.

Have you any actual evidence for this bizarre statement! And even if it
does, you inhale and swallow bacteria with every mouthful of food.

There
might be some on the surface. But GM food has it all the way through, in
every cell.

So what, it is one know GM, as opposed to millions upon millions of
different, possibly unique bacteria

Each meal with contain
bacteria resistant to antibiotics we haven't even developed yet but are

used
in nature, bacteria resistant to antibiotics that are so old that they

are
no longer used

It is not the age which stops them being used. It is when they don't work
or are too toxic.

Rubbish again. We have seen on our own farm old drugs come back into
usefulness because there were no longer bacteria about which were resistant
to them.

and bacteria more resistant than their fellows to heavy
metals, UV, and for all I know tedium.

Yes, as I posted from Heinemann they learn

learn, is this a night school course, or a full university course? Please
stop using anthropomorphic phrases which don't actually mean anything

under antibiotic selection to
do stress adaptation. If the antibiotic resistance genes are present they
will make use of them.

With GM, firstly not every meal contains GM DNA,

Except if you eat corn most meals.

Exactly, as I said, with GM not every meal contains GM DNA

Snip

you have two choices.

pay enough to make growing conventional worth while

or

eat GM

choice is entirely yours

Or persuade people they are being ripped off, made into serfs, having
their tax used to subsidise research into such activities.

If you hadn't been ripping them off over conventional crops they wouldn't
have had to turn to GM in the first place!

Jim Webster