Old 25-07-2003, 11:02 PM
simy1

Default Couldn't be much more of a newbie... need some advice :)

"Lattés" wrote in message le.rogers.com...
Sorry. I've spent my gardening years seeking every spot of full sun I
could find. Perhaps others could give suggestions. All I can say is
tomatoes, peppers, melons, okra, squash, beans, and most herbs -- in
fact, anything that has flowers and 'fruit' requires lots of sun. Even
'cool weather' crops -- peas, lettuce, greens, cabbagy things (can't
spell brassica) don't want shade, just don't like hot weather.

A friend of mine who used to work on a tomato farm in New Zealand said that
diffused sunlight is best for them, (IE using a corrugated piece of
semi-transparent fibre glass over top of them) do you think that the tree
would do about the same thing?

Lattes, you could not be much more than a newbie. Follow people's
advice. All that good soil will go to waste, possibly because of the
tree, but mostly because it is in the wrong place. Full sun is far
more important than good soil.