Old 26-07-2003, 08:03 AM
AndWhyNot

Default Stihl strimmers

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:57:30 +0100, "Jeff Coles"
wrote:

Hi,
I use a large "Lawn-Flite" strimmer, which has handlebars and harness, the
machine is quite heavy but can be balanced well by moving the handlebars and
carefull adjustment of the harness.

Iit originally came with a steel brushcutting blade, I have replaced this
with a head which will take nylon stimming line. It is neither auto-feed or
bump feed.The cutting head requires 6"-7" lengths of stimming line which are
easily inserted into the head and held in place by special grippers. I buy
bulk rolls of stimming line and it is available in round, star and square
profiles and is available in different thicknesses from fine to about 1/8"
diameter. I precut a couple of dozen lengths and when the line gets a bit
ragged just push the old line through a thread the new line in, ejecting the
old line in the process, this just takes seconds to do.

The new head cost just over £20, but its well worth it and economical to
use, I believe auto-feeds can waste line and bump-feeds are prone to
jamming. I can't remember the name of the manucfacturer, but will post
details tomorrow ( its a bit late to go down to the shed now! plus the
bogeyman might get me!!).

Jeff

Now Jeff don't be silly ...... eveyone knows the bogeyman does not
come out in the summer .................