Old 26-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Mark T.

Default New Pump

Hi Graham,

You didn't say which Nursery Pro pump you've been using, so I did

a little guessing based on the information you provided.

I did not find a flow rate for the Nautilus 30 at 6 feet of head.

To keep it easy, I chose an identical data set for the OASE Nautilus 30

and Nursery Pro NPU-1000 At 5 feet of head for direct comparison.

NP1000

800 Gal @ 5 ft.

½" Male NPT discharge

Recommended tube dia. 1"

$143.98

Naut30

950 Gal @ 5 ft.

1" Female Thread discharge

Recommended tube dia 1-1/2"

$269.98

It appears that the Nautilus 30 may not be the best choice for your

application. If you were to reduce the output fittings down from1-1/2"

to your existing 1" tube, there would be (probably substantial), head loss.

This information does not take into consideration pipe length, valves or
fittings

which will directly affect final volume of output.

I hope this is helpful.

Mark

"graham" wrote in message
. ..
I am having to replace my nursery pro pump, I need something that will
deliver around 600gph to the top of a 6 ft water fall with 1in tubing. I

am
looking at the OASE Nautilus 30 as a replacement, am I on the right track

or
not