Old 26-07-2003, 02:42 AM
graham

Default New Pump

I am having to replace my nursery pro pump, I need something that will
deliver around 600gph to the top of a 6 ft water fall with 1in tubing. I am
looking at the OASE Nautilus 30 as a replacement, am I on the right track or
not

Old 26-07-2003, 02:42 PM
graham

Default New Pump * 3rd attempt to post

Sorry if this post more than once, I was having Technical Problems.

Old 26-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Mark T.

Hi Graham,

You didn't say which Nursery Pro pump you've been using, so I did

a little guessing based on the information you provided.

I did not find a flow rate for the Nautilus 30 at 6 feet of head.

To keep it easy, I chose an identical data set for the OASE Nautilus 30

and Nursery Pro NPU-1000 At 5 feet of head for direct comparison.

NP1000

800 Gal @ 5 ft.

½" Male NPT discharge

Recommended tube dia. 1"

$143.98

Naut30

950 Gal @ 5 ft.

1" Female Thread discharge

Recommended tube dia 1-1/2"

$269.98

It appears that the Nautilus 30 may not be the best choice for your

application. If you were to reduce the output fittings down from1-1/2"

to your existing 1" tube, there would be (probably substantial), head loss.

This information does not take into consideration pipe length, valves or
fittings

which will directly affect final volume of output.

I hope this is helpful.

Mark

. ..

Old 26-07-2003, 03:13 PM
johnrutz

graham wrote:
Sorry if this post more than once, I was having Technical Problems.

I am having to replace my nursery pro pump, I need something that will
deliver around 600gph to the top of a 6 ft water fall with 1in tubing. I am
looking at the OASE Nautilus 30 as a replacement, am I on the right track or
not.

Graham

I got all of your posts but to answer I would look at a Magdrive pump
check the electrical consumpion watts/amps and look for one that uses
little electricity
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 26-07-2003, 06:34 PM
RichToyBox

I have a Nautilus 30 pump that I have been running for 8 years. It is a
very good energy efficient pump. My biggest complaint with it is the
impellers are easily clogged by debris that will get through the intake
strainer, which is also pretty fine. It needs a better prefilter to keep it
from requiring daily cleaning. In the winter, I use a prefilter made of 2
of the plant baskets, but I don't use the skimmer pad. In the summer, I use
the skimmer pad, and that does not leave me the room for the prefilter.
--
RichToyBox

"graham" wrote in message
. ..
I am having to replace my nursery pro pump, I need something that will
deliver around 600gph to the top of a 6 ft water fall with 1in tubing. I

am
looking at the OASE Nautilus 30 as a replacement, am I on the right track

or
not

pumpkins: varieties & tips for a first attempt? Adam Funk[_3_] United Kingdom 6 27-03-2010 08:08 PM
An attempt to prime the apc pump Chookie Permaculture 1 19-09-2004 08:18 PM
[IBC] Bonsai Chat May 3rd Jim Bonsai 0 02-05-2004 05:07 PM
Sustainability in 3rd world agriculture Oz sci.agriculture 53 22-07-2003 05:21 AM
(LONG) Drought likely for 3rd year in Klamath Basin Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 23-02-2003 12:54 AM