Old 26-07-2003, 06:32 PM
madgardener

Default Is Michigan Bulb Company Back in Business

LOL ask them??? Honey these people believe their own lies. Asking them
about their persistance at perpetuating their lie about their company is not
going to get them to admit the known truths. It doesn't work like that
sadly. Wish it did though.....but the number of decent good reputable
nursieries around outnumber them 10 to 1 or even more. (actually more) just
that they try to appeal to the cheaper side of it. Cheap doesn't have to
mean inferior or of less quality if done right. I suspect over the years
(they have been around for 57 years but apparently the money was what
changed it as it is always wont to do) back when they started, they were a
good company that stood behind fairly decent plants and bulbs. Over time
someone saw how easy it was to be a little misleading and eventually it bit
them. That it's now in Indiana doesn't tell me it's improved. But neither
does it tell me it's bad because it is in Indiana. I would have to see
their products to judge them as better than before. I don't cast
unnecessairy stones. I would have given it a different name if it was the
same business but under new managment. Keeping the name and the whole
foundation of what MB is based on is a risky endeavor. Time will tell.
SOMEONE will purchase from them and if the new owners are better, we'll hear
it over time. Not the "been there done that's of the past experiences"
people. I can wait. I ain't gonna be the one to try them out though. g
madgardener
"David Hill" wrote in message
"........ I just got a catalogue from the Michigan Bulb Company with an
Indiana address. Have they regrouped and who owns the company now? I don't
have time to waste on a company that has had such a bad reputation and

(from
personal experience) delivers plants that are dead or dying, but I am
curious. Randy ...."

Why not ask them????????

--
David Hill