Old 29-01-2003, 10:30 PM
FarmerDill

Default Open pollenated sweet corn

It is still grown, my father wouldn't eat any other corn, It is easy to grow
and the first yellow sweet corn to be popular. The older open pollinated are
still grown as specialty crops, My mother's favorite Black Mexican is about as
early as Golden Bantam, but about the same size is still available, although
some of the "jazzier" catalogs now call it Black Aztec. Stowell's Evergreen and
Country Gentleman (Shoepeg) are still grown, The latter commercially for
creamed corn. Both are late corns like Silver Queen. All are white corn at the
edible stage. Available lots of places but http://www.rhshumway.com/ has all
three.