Old 26-07-2003, 09:32 PM
David Hill

Default Can you grow Oleander from cuttings?

".... So you are a stem licker? Did you learn gardening from Monica
Lewisnky? .........."

I learned my gardening long before either Monica or probably you were born.
In my day there was no such thing as rooting hormone, in any form, but it
was thought that if you just sucked the end of the cuttings for a moment or
two it helped them to root, that's why so many old time gardeners used to
put

(Of course it could be that Monica's grand dad told her that if you put
things into your mouth it helps them grow..)

"..... Nobody in their right mind would lick the stems anyway ....."

Well not often.....but then......... in the UK we didn't have many plants
that you took cuttings from that are either irritant or poisonous so we
didn't have to worry.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries