Old 26-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Warren

Default Is Michigan Bulb Company Back in Business

David Hill wrote:
Could be totally new owners who don't realise the reputation of the

firm
they have bought.

It makes you wonder about their competency if they didn't even research
their purchase well enough to find out just how bad of a reputation they
have. Even if someone got a great deal on the assets of the former
company that included the rights to use the name, why in the world would
they want to use such an infamous name -- unless they're totally
clueless about the business they're trying to get into.

I have found that so often when a company goes bad then the owners

close
down then start up under a new name, time after time.

Unfortunately, you are correct.

Sometimes it gives them a chance to not make the same mistakes they made
the first time, but far too often it's simply a ruse so they can
continue on their previously chosen bad path.

And that also brings up another question. A "company" isn't really
what's bad. It's people who are bad. Even if they don't just start-up a
new company doing the same thing, they don't (usually) just fall off the
face of the Earth. Where do the bad people (other than those that go to
jail) go?

More specifically, if the "new" Michigan Bulb company isn't being run by
the people that made the "old" Michigan Bulb bad, where did those people
go? Are there other companies we need to avoid because they've been
infiltrated with the folks who made Michigan Bulb so infamous?

I was lucky. I never got bit by Michigan Bulb. By the time I was a
potential victim, they were just so infamous, with so many burned
customers all over the country, I knew enough to avoid them. I may be
seven degrees away from Kevin Bacon, but I'm only two degrees away from
multiple people who were burned by Michigan Bulb.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: