Old 27-07-2003, 02:02 AM
Fudge

Default soy beans

I grow several strains of edible soybeans in Eastern Ontario. These
varieties came from Salt Spring Seeds on Vancouver Island. Check their web
site for open pollinated seeds. I steam, shell and freeze them or eat them
as a Japanese style snack called Edame (Steam and add coarse salt.) They
have a nut like flavour. Industrial type soy beans are quite unpalatable but
I imagine you could find recipes for soy milk etc with a Google search. I
believe the production of tofu is quite complicated and beyond the scope of
the small farmer.

Farmer John

"Simon Stenkle" wrote in message
Anyone have experience growing soy beans at home? What is a good source

of
information on producing soy-derivative products?

simon