Old 27-07-2003, 03:32 AM
Noydb

Default AHHHH!!! What is that white stuff on my Zucchini & Cuke Leaves???

Lattés wrote:

I will try to get a picture of it up somewhere but I have these white
patches on my zucchini and cucumber leaves???

Any ideas as to what it is or what to do?

Thanks

Fungus amongus

I searched http://www.google.com using the term "zucchini fungus" and came
up with nearly 3,000 possibilities, among the first 10 was this one. It is
not 'authoritative' but should get you started.

http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/zucchini.htm

Clue: both zukes and cukes are from the cucurbit family and susceptible to
pretty much the same diseases. What you have is probably powdery mildew. Do
a search on "powdery mildew" for the treatment.
Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)