Old 27-07-2003, 04:12 AM
Kay Lancaster

Default Eliminate weeds in fescue

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 19:07:05 GMT, Me wrote:
I have a great fescue lawn. However, in one spot of the lawn, I have 90%
weeds and hardly any fescue.
To prevent the weeds for expanding, I pulled everything, and dug deep into
the roots. I didn't use any chemicals.

Now the weeds have grown back and I'll use chemicals if I have to. One

No need. Scratch up the soil surface, removing the new seedlings (I see
crabgrass, oxalis, Euphorbia (probably E. maculata). Scratch the surface
every week or so, or mulch heavily. When the right time for seeding
comes around (typically early September in northern states), scratch
the area up one more time and spot seed with your lawngrass. Firm the
seed into the soil, cover with a mulch, and keep it watered.

Weeds take over in bare soil. Keep the soil covered with something
(crop or mulch) to prevent weed seed germination.