Old 27-07-2003, 07:02 AM
Jan Flora

Default rhubarb...the search of the plant of rhubarb...where do I begin??

In article ,
(Mauzie) wrote:

I would like to plant rhubar on my property. When do I do so. the
Spring..Summer?? How do I but it ?? My gardners did not know where?/ Advise!!

You have to live where the ground freezes solid in the winter for rhubarb to
grow well.

You can plant it any time you want to. Once it gets established, you can't
kill it
with a napalm strike, IME.

If you can get some composted cow, horse or chicken poop, put that in the hole
before you plant the rhubarb. Once the plant gets growing good, side dress
it with
compost or manure. Then stand back and watch it grow like crazy.

Jan, Alaska
USDA zone 3

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not