Old 27-07-2003, 08:12 AM

Default quince tree growing

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:20:06 -0400, Noydb wrote:

Dianna Visek wrote:

I'm in E. central Illinois, zone 5b. Ornamental quinces do fine here,
but I don't know anyone who's grown quinces for the fruit. What do
they like? Do they need a second tree as a pollinator?

Regards, Dianna
To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.

http://www.google.com/search?q=quinc...utf-8&oe=utf-8

You might have to reassemble it or you could just surf to
http://www.google.com and search on "quince pollination".

1,110 hits. One of 'em ought to have the information you need.

Bill

No, they don't need a pollinator, they're like a pear but bigger and
harder - usually thet need cooking for at least two hours, sometimes
mote. Dehydrated, they make delicious quince paste.when cream is added
the Italians call it 'Romeo e Gullietta (?) The scent of ripe quinces
is out of this world - try a bowl of them in your bedroom
One tree is plenty, it's not the sort of fruit you eat bagfuls of.
But when you do have a tree you will make lots of new friends
Barrie