Old 27-07-2003, 02:22 PM
GIJane

Default What Zone?

http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/hzm-ne1.html

DC looks like 7a. All the hardiness zone tells you is the low temp of the
area. Many plants have a hardiness zone on the label that will read
somelike "Hardy to -10 degrees" or something similar. The label should also
tell you the sun and water requirements. The hardiness zone is just one
part of the puzzle for what plants will do well in your area.

Does this help some?

"Olushola" wrote in message
Okay, as you can see I'm new in this area, so maybe I did not ask the
question correctly. Based on what I've been reading in this group, it

seems
there is a correlation between zone and the best plants for that region. I
thought every region had a designated zone. I was not successful in

finding
an explanation on the WEB. Maybe someone can identify some sites that
discuss this.

Olushola
"Olushola" wrote in message
What is Washington DC zone?