Old 27-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Gregory Young

Default bretts fish farm

If you want some quality koi, for reasonable $$, you may want to check out
Koi by Keiren, located in Pa near Philadelphia, or Harry Abel's place in
Virginia. The latter is regarded as the place to go for the best quality
imports on the East coast, but the former is pretty close..
Both are major Japanese importers, are active with AKCA, and MAKC, host wet
labs with Drs Johnson, Yoshi, etc., and both will have some of their fish on
display at the upcoming national Koi America show in Chantilly Virginia
August 8 - 10th.
You can get quality Japanese Koi, (younger of course), but from good blood
lines for $150 and up.
Why spend even $150??.. that's easy. All you have to do is to see the fish
side by side. The colors and patterns of the Japanese Koi blow the domestics
away. The reds are true reds, not orange reds. Again, unless you see them
side by side you won't necessarily appreciate how much they differ.
We've certainly made progress in domestics, but there still are large
differences between domestics and the Japanese imports.
I guess if you want to buy adult show champs, etc, you could pay the $$, but
I agree.. I would not want to pay that kind of $$ for fish in an outside
environment, with variables that are sometimes hard to control. I would
rather buy them young and watch them grow...
Each to their own.. it depends on what you want. Some of the nicest koi, may
be the least attractive!
Happy ponding,
Greg
--

"jammer" wrote in message

$3500 for a freakin' fish that lives outside? UNH UH!

Did anyone here do anything that crazy when buying fish? I am attached
to my 12 cent feeder!

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 08:25:05 -0600, johnrutz
wrote:

cant remember if the url was posted or not so here it is

--
http://www.brettsfishfarm.com/default.html

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico