Old 27-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Mike Stevenson

Default cherry tomato

So far I'm enjoying the "Sweet Treat" hybrids I got from Burpees. While
still orange they have a nice acidic flavor (I favor this over true sweet
honestly) though once allowed to fully ripen they become quite sweet. I do
live in an area that got lots of rain during May and Early June. I find that
my tomatoes still taste quite a bit better than grocery store varieties, tho
I soppose if mine are somewhat waterlogged, they will taste even better next
year...

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
jfrost said:

i have some cherry tomatoes that don't
really have any taste. I believe i just have the
wrong variety.
Does anyone have a cherry tomato variety that tastes
so good you can't stop eating them?

I thought I hated cherry tomatoes until I tried the variety 'SunGold,'

which is
superb ('SunSugar' is slightly sweeter and less prone to cracking but the

same
'style' of cherry tomato).

'Ruby' which is a grape tomato is also very good, as it has real 'big

tomato'
flavor in a tiny package. Last year I dried a lot of little 'Ruby'

tomatoes and
they are very good that way, too.

(The dried 'SunSugar' tomatoes are like an exotic cany.)
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)