Old 27-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Definition of "Organic"

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:57:41 GMT, "Lynn Smythe"
wrote:

I know if you want to sell produce from your garden and have it be listed as
organically grown you have to go through your states certification process.
Here in Florida I think that means that you have to practice organic
gardening practices for a minimun of 3 years before you can even apply to be
certified organic.

Way too much trouble and red tape to go through for a small time garden like
I have at the present time.

Those whose 'gross agricultural income' is under $5000/year
are exempt from the federal certification requirements.

See: http://www.ams.usda.gov/nop/Q&A.html

Your state may have some other requirements, though.

I've taken care to research this because I intend to sell
'organic' veggies at a farmers' market next year.

Pat