Old 27-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Lee

Default Can you grow Oleander from cuttings?

"David Hill" wrote in message ...
..., but it
was thought that if you just sucked the end of the cuttings for a moment or
two it helped them to root, ...... in the UK we didn't have many plants
that you took cuttings from that are either irritant or poisonous so we
didn't have to worry.

50-60-70- years ago when i was growing up we dunked the stem in
vinegar which was said to stimulate the rooting process. now that i am
so much smarter... i usually just stick them in the soil and if i tell
it to root or die, it will usually root! heheheh!!! if it is a
plant that i would die for.. it may root or it may not! sometimes i
use harmones if handy.. sometimes use superthrive. I have cut long
stems from oleander in the spring, like maybe Feb-Mar, stick them in a
bucket of water with the ends of the stems only submerged and in time
most of them will root.
love..leona zone 7 USA