Old 27-07-2003, 05:03 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Hmmm was/ Is this a Bonsai?

Penjing is not Bonsai because it follows rewritten rules.

Hmmm, I hate to be contradictory, but.... It would rather be the other way
around, Bonsai follows re-written rules, since Penjing originated in China,
*before* the Japanese "stole" the art...

In general, I agree with your principles. As a chef by trade, I firmly
believe that a beef stew with red wine isn't Beef Bourguignon if it doesn't
have the glazed perl onions, lardons, and mushroom, and other assorted
things.

But I don't know that I'd be as strict as you are with my thinking on Bonsai.

Nicolas
http://www.bmee.net
"A community that excludes even one of its members is no community at all"
- Dan Wilkins

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++