Old 27-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Dominique

Default Chawan Basu Lotus Question

I have had a established Chawan Basu Lotus for a week now. I bought it in a big round plastic pot that had a couple of inches of water over it. It had no blooms just allot of leaves. I fertilized it with about 5 or 6 fertilizer tabs. I placed it in my pond which is 21 inches deep above the rim of the pot. The leaves that were under water turned yellow after a time and I cut them. I now have allot of leaves coming to the surface, but they float just like the lily leaves. Will the eventually break the surface and stand above the water, or do I have this lotus planted too deep?