Old 27-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Dominique

Default Chawan Basu Lotus Question

I have had a established Chawan Basu Lotus for a week now. I bought it in a big round plastic pot that had a couple of inches of water over it. It had no blooms just allot of leaves. I fertilized it with about 5 or 6 fertilizer tabs. I placed it in my pond which is 21 inches deep above the rim of the pot. The leaves that were under water turned yellow after a time and I cut them. I now have allot of leaves coming to the surface, but they float just like the lily leaves. Will the eventually break the surface and stand above the water, or do I have this lotus planted too deep?
Old 27-07-2003, 06:02 PM
Nedra

I think you'll have better luck if you move your lotus
up so that there is about 4 inches of water above the
rim of the pot. Wait!!! It depends on where you are located.
If you are in the South - youmay not want it so close
to the surface of the water. To be safe I'd leave about
6 or 7 inches down from the rim.

Nedra

et...

Old 27-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Nedra

Okay ... I'm in St. Louis so we are neighbors!
My lotuses (Chawan Basu, etc) sit in a pond that has anywhere from 5 to 8
inches water above the rim.

Good Luck!!

Nedra

"Dominique" wrote in message
et...
I'm in the Midwest Kansas City MO.
"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
I think you'll have better luck if you move your lotus
up so that there is about 4 inches of water above the
rim of the pot. Wait!!! It depends on where you are located.
If you are in the South - youmay not want it so close
to the surface of the water. To be safe I'd leave about
6 or 7 inches down from the rim.

Nedra

et...

Old 27-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Dominique

Thank You!
"Nedra" wrote in message thlink.net...
Okay ... I'm in St. Louis so we are neighbors!
My lotuses (Chawan Basu, etc) sit in a pond that has anywhere from 5 to 8
inches water above the rim.

Good Luck!!

Nedra

"Dominique" wrote in message
et...
I'm in the Midwest Kansas City MO.
"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
I think you'll have better luck if you move your lotus
up so that there is about 4 inches of water above the
rim of the pot. Wait!!! It depends on where you are located.
If you are in the South - youmay not want it so close
to the surface of the water. To be safe I'd leave about
6 or 7 inches down from the rim.

Nedra

"Dominique" wrote in message
et...
I have had a established Chawan Basu Lotus for a week now. I bought it in
big round plastic pot that had a couple of inches of water over it. It had
no blooms just allot of leaves. I fertilized it with about 5 or 6
fertilizer
tabs. I placed it in my pond which is 21 inches deep above the rim of the
pot. The leaves that were under water turned yellow after a time and I cut
them. I now have allot of leaves coming to the surface, but they float
just
like the lily leaves. Will the eventually break the surface and stand
above
the water, or do I have this lotus planted too deep?

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 08:23 AM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM
Lotus question Ted Ponds 1 09-05-2003 02:32 AM
lotus question ande Ponds 9 23-04-2003 01:08 PM
Nedra/Lotus question Lee Brouillet Ponds 5 31-03-2003 07:08 PM