Old 27-07-2003, 05:44 PM
johnrutz

Default Can a Pond Pump electric Cord be replaced?

claude rogers wrote:
Is it part of the cord that is submersed, or the part that is kept
external to the pond? If so ( not submersed), repair the wiring and
seal it in silicone. If it the submersable part, I wouldn't do that
though. The reason I say silicone is, that is what the phone company
uses to seal up broken or cut phone lines, yep that is experience
talking. They repair the wires and stick the repaired part in a
little black box full of silicone and close the box and you stick it
back in the ground. I would go get a hobby box and fill it full of
silcone,cut holes just big enough for the cord stcik the repaired
part in there, if you keep the repair small you could even use a
medicine bottle. Someone else may have better ideas that me
though....Claude

check with radio shack or something similar for shrink insulation,
after repair an silicon heat it and it shrinks tight agains the wire

and is water tight.

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico