Old 27-07-2003, 09:12 PM
jfrost

Default outside shower

Thought I would forward details of my newly installed project:
an "Outdoor Shower"
I'm very pleased with it. It took me a week of going back & forth to Lowes
&
wal-mart cuz i didn't quite know what i was doing.

Parts:
One: 6ft metal fence " T" stake
galvanized 1/2"end cap / 4ft galvanized 1/2"water pipe
two handled brass mixing valve (from a shower kit ~ 40$--60$)
2ft galvanized 1/2"water pipe / 90deg galvanized 1/2" elbow

a 4or 5 unit muti-cutoffvalve to hook your house waterhose spigot
to.
black waterhose for hot side & any other garden hose for cold side
bungee cord to hold the plumbing pipe onto the fence stake

a $30 outdoor eating tent/canopy @ wal-mart
$3 metal shower soap/ razor /washcloth organizer that hooks over
the shower head. 5 shower curtains & rings

Throw everything up ( & attach the shower head & handles to the plumbing)
and you have a really nice outdoor shower if you
want to use after working in the mud, or maybe to cool off if sun gets
too hot. If you use it as a seasonal shower in the summer, you can save
money on hot water cuz the sun is cooking that black water hose.

I did see a prettier design in a magazine, but it didn't have as much elbow
room. instead of the awning, they bought a black metal garden arch; they
are for sale here at lowes for $160. It was very decorative!!

I was also thinking that i should now plant mint there, so when you walk
on it, you smell that really fragrant smell !

jfrost