Old 28-07-2003, 01:02 AM
marika

Default What Zone?

Frogleg wrote in message . ..
USDA hardiness zones are based on the lowest average winter
temperature. Nothing about rainfall, heat, micro-climates, etc. It's
simply a rough guide (and included on many plant descriptions and
labels) to survivability over the winter.

'Sunset' magazine, distributed in and for the western states, has
developed much more detailed zone maps that take more factors into
account. So you will sometimes see 'Sunset zone X' in posts and
references. Their 'Western Garden Book' has long been a standard. Now
they have produced some similar regional manuals for other parts of
the country. See:

http://www.sunset.com/sunset/web/Boo...en_home_2.html

The blurb for the Northeastern volume specfically mentions DC. Highly
recommended.

that's interesting info. Yes, I plan on a trip to Wal*mart, but God
was I not ready to spend more
money on this type thing, but oh well.

I need a fridge anyway. The fridge will be to store sodas.

mk5000

'in the middle of it I went into a coffee shop&I expanded myself on
good coffee. After a couple of hours I went back and they asked me if
had any wins. I said, "sure sure," so they sent me to attest to being
done."--michael "mike'gomez

}