Old 28-07-2003, 02:12 AM
SMG

Default Lowe's Pond/Pool vacuum?

I have well water and don't worry about Chlorine but
two friends of mine do have chlorinated water and they
don't treat the water after using the pond/pool vac.
It apparently doesn't add enough water to require it.
I wait until my pond is about an inch low and vacuum.
It will add the inch of water in the time it takes me
to vacuum an 1800 gallon pond. I think the water
creates the vacuum but doesn't actually add that much.
Try the pantyhose trick if it clouds the water too much
and stick the quilt batting in the stream/waterfall if
you have one. I lay a double thickness of batting
across the width of the fall or stream if it's narrow.
I just have to leave it over night and it clears the
stirred up sediment. The more you vacuum the less
sediment you will have to stir up.

--
Visit Sherrie's Pond & Watergarden
http://members.neandertech.com/shegen

It is made of plastic - has a garden hose connection

and collects
leaves, etc. in a bag. Cost is $19.98.

Looks like it would work ok, but would it stir up too

much dirt, etc.?