Old 28-07-2003, 03:42 AM
Amberinauburn

Default Snow bells

Actually that isn't possible. I don't live in that town anymore and the
'somebody ' has moved. I don't know where and your right, that person didn't
have anything to do with the planting. She was a friend and part of the reason
I asked here was I have found out she often made up answers if she didn't know
the real answer. I grew up in Florida and lots of the plants and flowers I have
here don't grow there.
Thank you all for trying to help me, I guess I'll just go on looking. I just
didn't want to stroll into a garden center,/nursery and demand 'snowbells' and
then get all upset when they told me they needed more information. I do try not
to look as stupid as I sometimes feel. I wish I lived close enough to sneak
over and take a picture of the snowbells but last time I went near my old house
I almost burst into tears. When we moved there I planted a lilac tree under the
upstairs bedroom window. The year we left it would have been big enough to see
straight out the window. I was dreaming about sleeping in bed and waking to
smell the wonderful scent of lilacs out side my bedroom window. Well that never
happened, the person who bought my house dug up the lilacs and threw them
out!!!
She also dug up the front flowers beds and tossed out the tulips and daffodils
and everything else I planted there, I talked to the lady across the street
and she said the place certainly didn't look like it did when I had lived
there. I planted over 200 tulips in the front flower bed and everyone was gone.
Amber
So go and ask that "somebody" the actual species name of their "snowbells"
and search again!!!