Old 28-07-2003, 04:32 AM
mtk

Default rhubarb...the search of the plant of rhubarb...where do I begin??

"Travis" wrote in message
Jan Flora wrote:
In article ,
(Mauzie) wrote:

I would like to plant rhubar on my property. When do I do so.
the Spring..Summer?? How do I but it ?? My gardners did not
know where?/ Advise!!

You have to live where the ground freezes solid in the winter
for rhubarb to grow well.

Not true.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Living in the deep south where the ground never freezes, I planted several
roots of rhubarb this spring, and each has turned into a nice, fairly large
clump. I don't know if they will do better next year, or disappear, but they
are doing very well at the moment.