Old 28-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Laurie Moseley

Default What Weed 2

The description is a bit thin, but it might be a wild parsnip, which has very
finely dissected leaves and internodes of 6-8 inches. This has turned up in our
garden from time to time, and I always dug it up. Then one came up in a quiet
corner and we didn't notice till it was full grown. It turns out to be a rather
dainty delicate-looking umbillifer, gets to about 2.5 feet in height, takes up
very little space, and is in flower now (late July). We now tend to keep it
wherever it pops up because it is a dainty, airy, plant which enhances the
border.

Janet
Laurie (Laurence) Moseley

Plus Ultra

Expert Systems, Decision-Making, Argentinian Tango & Golf