Old 28-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Oxymel of Squill

Default Shreddings

I chuck it around the 'woodlandy' bits of the garden, I think you can
compost it but it will take a fair time because of the wood. see the other
posting 'composted bark'

Jon

"Snowman" wrote in message
I've recently been bought a garden shredder, so am happily pruning trees

and
shredding most of the branches - including the smaller parts of a big

branch
that fell off an ash tree. But what do I do with the shredded material,
which is a mixture of chopped wood and leaves? Can I just spread it around
the garden as has been suggested to me, do I need to compost it first, or

is
it suitable for both? Or does it depend on what has been shredded?

Peter.