Old 28-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Dee

Default Drip feeding from water butt

Duncan,
Thanks, I am still searching and have just forund thsi (pdf format you'll
need acrobat)
http://www.gardensystems.co.uk/pdf4.pdf

This seeems to use a hose with holes in it rather than a tap. As I only need
to water a dozen plants all in pots I'd rather have a tap like system.

Adny

"Druss" wrote in message
This is what I suggested to another contributor earlier, however as I
understand it the "normal" tap driven drip systems require a much higher
water pressure than is usually attained by a waterbutt. Unless you can

hoist
the waterbutt onto your roof of course !!!
Duncan

"Dee" wrote in message ...
Has anyone seen a drip feeder that can operate from a water butt? Is it
possible to use the "standard" fittings designed to run from the mains?

If
the "standard" ones are used I guess that I would need some kind of

adapter
to fit on the water butt tap.

This would make an ideal "water the greenhouse while on holiday"

solution.

AndyP
--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates