Old 28-07-2003, 01:03 PM
Iain Miller

Default Drip feeding from water butt

"Dee" wrote in message ...
Has anyone seen a drip feeder that can operate from a water butt? Is it
possible to use the "standard" fittings designed to run from the mains? If
the "standard" ones are used I guess that I would need some kind of

adapter
to fit on the water butt tap.

This would make an ideal "water the greenhouse while on holiday" solution.

One I bought recently just had standard Hozelock compatible tap thing in it
( I think it is a "Harcostar" )

Aside from using the tap on the Water butt to control the flow if you need
more piping & inline taps/valves etc then the best place to get them would
be your local Aquarium shop - they usually carry different sizes of hoses /
taps/inline valves/ T pieces etc which are not that expensive.

Sounds workable though.

rgds