Old 28-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Jeff & Kathy Brown

Default How to find a leak?

Mike,
Do you have a waterfall? If so, fill up your pond, turn off the waterfall
and see if you loose any more water. If you don't, then you have water
escaping somewhere in the waterfall. If you still have a drop, then you can
try noticing if the ground around the pond is wet. If your pond is deep
enough for the safety of the fish, you may let it continue to drop and see
how far down it goes....it will stop when it gets below the leak. What you
don't want to read is.....if it continues to drop, then you'll have to
remove the fish and plants and do the dreaded wet soil search. I wish
someone would invent some kind of fish safe water dye that would illuminate
a leak. Good luck.
"Mike (mixmanx at AV and DVD Forums)"
wrote in message
I think I have a leak in my new pond. Whets the best way to find it? it
can't be very big, the pond has gone down about 2 inches overnight, I've

had
a look but can't see anything obvious- no bubbles or anything, I've check
all the pipework and that seems OK.

I'm using a liner by the way, Unless it is just the liner 'settling' as I
only filled it up yesterday?