Old 28-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Kay Easton

Default Shreddings

In article , Snowman
writes
I've recently been bought a garden shredder, so am happily pruning trees and
shredding most of the branches - including the smaller parts of a big branch
that fell off an ash tree. But what do I do with the shredded material,
which is a mixture of chopped wood and leaves? Can I just spread it around
the garden as has been suggested to me, do I need to compost it first, or is
it suitable for both? Or does it depend on what has been shredded?

You can do either. It composts quite well - generates a lot of heat. But
I've always just spread it - composting first just seems to be adding an
extra process.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: