Old 28-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Snow bells

Some Galanthus (and Leucojum) have the tepals tipped with yellow instead of
green. Galanthus nivalis var. flavescens, G.nivalis var. lutescens and
Leucojum vernum var. carpathicum are examples.

J. Lane wrote in message
. ca...
Hi Amber,
I'm not sure, but I think what you might be looking for is actually a
crocus( they come in purple and yellow too). If it's not that then maybe
Snowdrops, but they don't have orange centers. They hang like a bell and
have green inner petals.
My only two sources are both Canadian:
www.veseys.com
www.BrecksBulbs.ca

--
Jayel
"Amberinauburn" wrote in message
Snowbells. I am trying to find a source for 'snow bells'. Someone told

me
that
that was the name of the flowers. They were planted underneath the Bay

window
in my old house. I used to love seeing them sprout very early in the

spring,
sometimes even coming up thru a light scattering of snow. They were tiny

little
white flowers with yellow or orange in side if I remember correctly. I

asked a
friend what they were and she said snow bells. When I did a search for

snow
bells I get a listing of weird trees. I didn't plant these at my old

house,
they were there when we moved in, just like the very pretty purple

tulips
with
the white edging. We are moving in to a new house in August and I'd like

plant these. I know enough to know if the plants come up in the spring ,

have
to plant them in the fall. But that's about the limit of my knowledge ,

So
might be around asking more questions as time goes on.
Thanks for all your help

Amber