Old 28-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Shreddings

"Snowman" wrote in message
I've recently been bought a garden shredder, so am happily pruning trees

and
shredding most of the branches - including the smaller parts of a big

branch
that fell off an ash tree. But what do I do with the shredded material,
which is a mixture of chopped wood and leaves? Can I just spread it around
the garden as has been suggested to me, do I need to compost it first, or

is
it suitable for both? Or does it depend on what has been shredded?

Peter.

It composts well, so if you are a compost type gardener add it to your
"heap" I pefer to put mine straight on the ground and let the worms etc do
the work :~).

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk