Old 28-07-2003, 05:23 PM
ann in houston

Default trading at fish stores

Would you believe I was going through in my mind, possible stores to
call for this, and I got a little sad and sentimental thinking of
sending my pretty, long-finned comets to those nasty pet stores with
the ever-present floating fish? I know I've been guilty of killing a
few, myself, and I wouldn't mind if I knew that they would go to a
nice ponder who just doesn't want koi, or whatever, and is happy with
comets. Of course, the trouble is, that they can't interview
customers like a dog or cat breeder and "place" them. I get practical
when I look into my pond and see it over-stocked, with so many of
these guys, that all look the same when they are swimming and darting
around. But, then, when it comes to giving them away, I somehow don't
want to. What if someone buys them and puts them in a big aquarium,
not realizing how much trouble they'll be in that setup? I think I am
going to keep my biggest ones. I have some that have grown to 12
inches or more if you count the tail.
This is getting too long. I have some other thoughts and
questions that I'll start another thread for.
To be continued.....

jammer wrote in message
Haha....I called PetCo and they said, are you kidding? Besides, i dont
want them in that over populated tank anyway. I called Green Mama's
pond store and they said they don't "do" goldfish. I thought i had 2
or 3, then 3 or 4. I now have 7 young fish in a kiddie pool. I am glad
i got them out of there but now what? If i dont have any takers, i
will take them to a large pond that surrounds an apt. complex and let
them take thier chances. Good luck on getting rid of yours!