Old 28-07-2003, 06:13 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Foxglove seeds question

The ones that are growing from seed now will flower next year, and yes, you
can re-plant them next year (2004) for flowering next year (2004). I did it
this year

Ruth wrote:
Hello

I am wondering if someone can give me any advice on foxglove seeds
and the best time to plant them?

Many of the foxgloves in my garden have produced seeds and where I
have shaken them, I can already see many tiny seedlings sprouting
up. Am I correct in assuming that I should just leave them to grow
and then in spring thin them out and plant them where I want them to
flower not that year but the following year?

I have also collected some foxglove seeds and again am wondering
whether I should sow them this year to get the seedlings going and
then move in spring for flowers the following year?

Is that the way they work?!

Any advice is much appreciated!

Kind regards

Ruth