Old 28-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Ruth

Default Foxglove seeds question

Hello

I am wondering if someone can give me any advice on foxglove seeds and
the best time to plant them?

Many of the foxgloves in my garden have produced seeds and where I have
shaken them, I can already see many tiny seedlings sprouting up. Am I
correct in assuming that I should just leave them to grow and then in
spring thin them out and plant them where I want them to flower not that
year but the following year?

I have also collected some foxglove seeds and again am wondering whether
I should sow them this year to get the seedlings going and then move in
spring for flowers the following year?

Is that the way they work?!

Any advice is much appreciated!

Kind regards

Ruth
Old 28-07-2003, 06:13 PM
JJ

"Ruth" wrote in message
Hello

I am wondering if someone can give me any advice on foxglove seeds and
the best time to plant them?

Many of the foxgloves in my garden have produced seeds and where I have
shaken them, I can already see many tiny seedlings sprouting up. Am I
correct in assuming that I should just leave them to grow and then in
spring thin them out and plant them where I want them to flower not that
year but the following year?

I have also collected some foxglove seeds and again am wondering whether
I should sow them this year to get the seedlings going and then move in
spring for flowers the following year?

Is that the way they work?!

Any advice is much appreciated!

Kind regards

Ruth

hey man - if they want to grow then let them grow. are they poisonous? - can
you smoke them?

Old 28-07-2003, 06:13 PM
The Devil's Advocate

The ones that are growing from seed now will flower next year, and yes, you
can re-plant them next year (2004) for flowering next year (2004). I did it
this year

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

Old 29-07-2003, 11:32 AM
Ruth

In article ,
"JJ" wrote:

"Ruth" wrote in message
[...]

Yep - they are definitely poisonous and erm I wouldn't try smoking them

Old 29-07-2003, 11:32 AM
Ruth

Fab! Well in that case I'll sow all the seeds I have for loads of
foxgloves next year - lovely

Old 01-08-2003, 04:05 AM
don

"Ruth" wrote in message
Hello

I am wondering if someone can give me any advice on foxglove seeds and
the best time to plant them?

Many of the foxgloves in my garden have produced seeds and where I have
shaken them, I can already see many tiny seedlings sprouting up. Am I
correct in assuming that I should just leave them to grow and then in
spring thin them out and plant them where I want them to flower not that
year but the following year?

I have also collected some foxglove seeds and again am wondering whether
I should sow them this year to get the seedlings going and then move in
spring for flowers the following year?

Is that the way they work?!

Any advice is much appreciated!

Kind regards

If they are already small plants --then you should get flowers next year

Ruth

Old 01-08-2003, 11:23 AM
Ruth

In article , "don"
wrote:

"Ruth" wrote in message
Hello

I am wondering if someone can give me any advice on foxglove seeds and
the best time to plant them?

snip

If they are already small plants --then you should get flowers next year

Thanks for the info Don!

Ruth