Old 28-07-2003, 06:22 PM
bnd777

Default Shreddings

Much the best bet is to mix with grass clippings ,horse manure if you can
get it plus any weeds and kitchen waste and put it in compost bins
.............mixed well with addition of sulphate of ammonia or buckets of
urine you will have good compost in 6 to 9 months
"Snowman" wrote in message
I've recently been bought a garden shredder, so am happily pruning trees

and
shredding most of the branches - including the smaller parts of a big

branch
that fell off an ash tree. But what do I do with the shredded material,
which is a mixture of chopped wood and leaves? Can I just spread it around
the garden as has been suggested to me, do I need to compost it first, or

is
it suitable for both? Or does it depend on what has been shredded?

Peter.