Old 28-07-2003, 09:39 PM
bnd777

Default replacing conifers

What few conifers we ever stupidly planted and then removed we replaced with
2 different species of Bamboos
they are now 8 ft tall in 3 years and look lovely
Pyracantha looks good too and grows fast as does Escallonia
All above are evergreen
Dont know about Hemp will have to look it up

"Essjay001" wrote in message
chaz wrote:
snip
the soil is free draining , dry and in a shady spot,

The top growth probably keeps the sun out while the roots suck the soil

dry

Cutting them down is a good move. As to replacements, from my own

experiance
I have a really nice cottoneastor (sp?) covering a fence, but it needs to

be
kept under control.

Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.