Old 28-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Michael Berridge

Default Shreddings

Snowman wrote in message
I've recently been bought a garden shredder, so am happily pruning

trees and
shredding most of the branches - including the smaller parts of a big

branch
that fell off an ash tree. But what do I do with the shredded material,
which is a mixture of chopped wood and leaves? Can I just spread it

around
the garden as has been suggested to me, do I need to compost it first,

or is
it suitable for both? Or does it depend on what has been shredded?

It will utilise nitrogen as is rots down, so it may well be advisable to
allow it to stand a few months and then spread it over the garden.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk