Old 28-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Ray

Default Iwanagara Appleblossom

If the plant is accustomed to S/H culture, then it should be kept constant.
If allowed to dry between waterings, then you're not really growing it in
S/H culture, but are using the ceramic medium for more-or-less "standard"
culture. Not that that's bad, I grow several plants that way myself.

The problem is that if it is growing in a standard fashion, then it is
likely that the roots have not acclimated to the constantly wet S/H mode,
and may not do too well if you begin/resume the culture.

"Sheepkeeper" wrote in message
I picked up a line from the s/h forum that would indicate Iwanagara
Appleblossom preferrs to dry out completely between waterings. I have one
that seems to be thriving on once-a-week waterings with very week
fertilizer. Anyone think I should cut back?