Old 29-07-2003, 06:12 AM
K Barrett

Default Dendrobium crepidiferum

I will never tell you not to try one. I like bulbos quite a bit. Petite
Plaisance (out west of Petaluma in small town called Valley Ford) is a nice
place to buy them They have a web page. But its more fun to make a day trip
out of driving out there and touring the place. They *may* be coming to the
Sacramanto trustees meeting, but don't quote me on that. That way you can
see 'em before you buy.

I've had success with B. lobbii 'Kathy's gold' that seems rather ubiquitous.
So you could get one cheap(er). And Andy's has a ton of them. Believe it or
not the echinolabium is blooming for me now and its hybrid B. Jersey has 6
stems. Some of the others are a bit more twitchy.

K Barrett

"Dave Sheehy" wrote in message

If I try one it'll definitely be in spaghnum in the first go around. That
seems to work the best for maintaining moisture in my conditions. If they
can take the same light as for phals I can put them in the same north

window
as the phals and the Den crepidiferum. What information I have been able

glean from the web indicates that may be possible.