Old 29-07-2003, 09:12 AM
J. Lane

Default herb garden

Hi Sandie,
Most herbs are perennials and like the sun. Choose what you like to use in
your cooking etc, and plant them. Basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme(jeezeI
sound like Simon and Garfunkle) come to mind. Don't plant mints. They are
almost impossible to get rid of and take over the bed. The roots can grow
two feet down and spread all over the place. Best to use a container for
them.
--
Jayel
"Sandie Hudson" wrote in message
.com...
My husband's veggie garden has done so well this year that I
plan to encourage him to keep it going every year. This
leaves me with a small square near the patio where I used to
grow a few tomatoes. I think I would like to try to grow
some herbs there. What advice do you have? I would like
perennials or self seeders that love sun and are easy to
care for. Which ones to plant and when?

Thanks