Old 29-07-2003, 02:32 PM
NJ

Default Spawning Frequency

We discovered fish eggs in our pond twice in two weeks. I have only seen
one of the sarasas being chased and bothered, ever, and not really all that
much. Can a fish lay eggs with this frequency, or do I have more than one
female in my pond?

The first batch did produce some fry, but I fear they were eaten in short
order since I never saw a trace of them after the initial sighting. This
second batch turned into 15-year old son's summer project: he took the eggs
out and put them in a separate tank. We have counted 20 fry, but even after
researching their care, we really have no clear idea of what exactly we are
doing. Hoping at least one survives.

NJ