Old 29-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Diane Mancino

Default Anyone using ATT as ISP

Your right you can't use another browser in aol -just log on and minimize it
and open IE or Mozella. I downloaded mozella after seeing it here in this
newsgroup- its ok but you have to train it- and IE still works a little
better in my opinion...but they are both installed.
You should be able to use IE with aol installed no problem, mozella the same
( after all Netscape ( mozella based) is owned by AOL- at least mozella
doesn't come with the aol add ons)

To aol's credit and to make it relevant to RGO- the newsgroup was easy & a
good backup when Adelphia was down
"TRAINMAN9" wrote in message
I used to use aol, but always hated its interface- I think I set the

browser
to a LAN setting with aol minimized. also have ie as default- but aol

always

I had a session with one of the AOL techs yesterday. They don't allow the

use
of any other browser inside AOL only on the internet. They know that if

they
allow other browsers that they will lose the ability to display

advertising and
banner pop-ups.

The only reason I stay with them at this point are all the people that

I've met
on the train boards. It is nearly impossible for this group to change to
another ISP.

Thanks for the help.